Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Eighteen candles!


Hi all,

I hope you are well. I have been doing a bit of crafting this week for my niece who turns 18 this week. 18...I can't quite believe it! Although I found a picture of myself holding her when she was a baby and I have long hair! I haven't had long hair for a long long time!!
It is really lovely to be able to create something for someone you know as you can make it much more personal to them. I gathered a few photos from my extensive collection and put them all in a frame with a few other crafty bits and pieces. She recently had her bedroom decorated so hopefully she'll want to hang this on one of her walls. 

I started with some photos and I had some Tim Holtz ephemera so used the calendar and the clock as backgrounds for two of the photos. Two of the photos, I framed the faces with card borders. I used a vintage style spotty scrapbook paper as the background and some letters to spell out 'memories', 'love' and 'family'. 'Life is a journey' wood letters and at the bottom, a love heart in black on which I drew a birthday message using a paint pen. I used some ribbon and some hessian too.

I really loved doing this one for someone special and I really love the vintage feel it has.

Take care all and










3 comments:

  1. Hello Amanda, gosh I remember your gorgeous long hair, so it's lovely to see it in the lovely photo.
    Another wonderful frame, great layout and colours, I'm sure your niece will love it, hugs Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    A gift that I'm sure will be treasured as its lovely and has such a personal touch.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy memories and a very beautiful gift Amanda. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all visitors to my blog and anyone who takes the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderfully crafty day!