Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone,

I hope January finds you all well and that you enjoyed the festive period. I have been rather absent from blogland in a bid to catch up with everything else that I neglected over the Christmas holidays, mainly ironing all the laundry that I'd been hiding in the spare room! 
I have been busy this week completing a wee last minute order for a customer,
A new baby boy called Ted...


I used a paper mache 'T' and painted it white (I always paint the letters white first no matter what I am covering them with as this helps keep the colours of the fabric/paint brighter). I was advised by my customer that Ted's nursery is red, white and blue. I decided on a crayon theme and threw in a couple of teddies as a homage to his name! I glued the crayons onto the letter in the nursery colours. TED was then glued on in red button letters. I had some felt teddy bears and some crayon buttons which I sewed onto each bear's arm. I then drew little pictures in crayon onto small pieces of card and glued it all in place to make it look like the bears were drawing the pictures. 


It's nice to be back in blog land. I want to thank you all for your kind comments last year and to thank you for following my blog. I am hoping I can maybe attract some more followers this year and any hints and tips as to how to do this will be gratefully received. 

Have a great week (what's left of it) and  photo x_4162e768_zps0vr7iokb.gif

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, nice to see you bakc and with such a beautiful frame. love your design with the crayons and Ted is so sweet.
    Hope you've managed to catch up with the ironing, Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda
    Are the crayons papier mâché? Wow! Ted is a very lucky (and patriotic) boy.
    Absolutely gorgeous!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang,
      I'm afraid not...just regular crayons! I put them on a mâché letter so that it was more 3d than just using the crayons on their own in the shape of a 'T'

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful frame. The little teddies are really cute. Sorry to read you've lost a follower. I'm still here! Although this one didn't show up on my blog for some reason. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all visitors to my blog and anyone who takes the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderfully crafty day!