Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Red, black and gold

Hi all,

I have family visiting this weekend, my aunty and my cousin from up north (my mum's coming over too), so I have to get busy organising the spare room and shopping for supplies!  
There will be no blogging for me this weekend but plenty of fun and laughter with my family!

This red, black and gold frame was one I didn't have long to do given other commitments and the date it was required by.  Another sixtieth birthday frame which I did last night (after work, making dinner, getting KB out to his Taekwon-Do, getting the washing done...you all know how it goes).  Needless to say, I was up until around midnight completing it ready for collection today.

The 'J' was prepped with white acrylic then once dry, I layered it with black and white spotty tissue and a lovely black/grey/white/gold flowery tissue combo. The background fabrics were all from a fat quarter pack (my Mum used the fabrics to make me a patchwork wine bottle carrier and these were leftover bits). I threaded some lovely small glass beads in red and gold onto jewellery wire and looped three strands around the 'J'. The gold beads used to hang the 'sixty' were from some I had in my collection from a long time ago. I used a mixture of black and gold embossing powders to ensure all the letters toned in with the theme of the frame. The border on each side is red satin ribbon and I added a slim gingham ribbon at the bottom. The bows at either side of the ribbon were layered up and the top one was embossed with gold to give a sheen (they were from some Christmas card toppers, again of old). Hopefully it is well received!

I know it's a little early but have a great weekend everyone no matter what you're doing and 
 photo x_4162e768_zps0vr7iokb.gif

5 comments:

  1. Your frame is stunning Amanda. What beautiful colours too. I'm sure your customer will be absolutely delighted with your beautiful piece of work. Have a lovely time with your family at the weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful frame, and brilliant job done in such a short time, I love all the little charms and elements youv'e used and I'm sure the recipient will love it.
    Have a great time at the weekend, Hugs Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amanda,
    Mrs A. Here. Like Darnell I came in via the font door and went down to the basement just in case I missed anything like. Lol. I love all your display boxes you have been making and showing. Each unique. I also have a love affair with Butterflies ( even run a Butterfly challenge blog) and a lover of the colour pink so put the two together and I'm in seventh heaven. Love the name of your blog. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs A,

      Lovely to have a new visitor. Love the idea of your butterfly challenge...I'll pop over and have a look. The next two frames I've been asked to do are for two gorgeous little sisters who love pink and purple and I'm sure I'll squeeze some butterflies in there! See you soon, Amanda x

      Delete
  4. Hi Amanda and thank you for your kind comments and your visit. I love your frames. I was smiling at everything you had to do before sitting down to craft....sounds familiar especially at this time of year when I am wanting to make lots of presents. Oh to be more organised.
    What a lovely keepsake and a reminder of a big birthday.

    I hope you had fun with your family too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all visitors to my blog and anyone who takes the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderfully crafty day!