Thursday, 12 November 2015

Love...

Hi all,

I've just dropped off a wee raffle donation for a charity event that's happening in Livingston this weekend. It is in aid of Jak's Den, set up in memory of Jak Trueman, an inspiring young teenager who was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. He passed away earlier this year but had a dream to create a centre for young cancer patients and those suffering from other life limiting illnesses and their families.
TeamJak have been raising money to make this dream come true. Check out their website, teamjak.co.uk
There are so many wonderful prizes available in the raffles and I hope the winner of the frame likes it as much as I do. 

This was created using some plain wooden letters from Hobbycraft which were covered in a beautiful vintage style spotty paper. I drew around the letters on the reverse of the paper then cut each out. I glued each paper letter onto the respective wood letter and, after it was dry, filed the edges to give a neat finish. Each letter was sealed with PVA. 
I did the same for each of the wooden hearts then used a small stencil to emboss an arc in silver. I then glued some small paper flowers to each of the hearts in an arc shape below the embossing. I glued the hearts together at an angle and attached a small heart charm to the back, letting it hang down slightly. 
The heart banner at the bottom was among some die cut shapes a friend gave me. I glued a pearl on every second heart then added two fabric hearts to the top right and bottom left of the frame. The fabric flowers were from Hobbycraft. 
The last thing to do was to glue everything in place within the frame. Almost forgot...I used a white fabric backing because I wanted the hearts to really stand out but the white fabric does have a beautiful slightly raised pattern on it which you can see much clearer in close up.
I wish all involved the best of luck and I hope they raise enough to help make Jak's wishes come true.
Thanks for visiting and
 photo x_4162e768_zps0vr7iokb.gif

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, beautiful frame and a great cause too, I'm sure whoever wins it will love it, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, I'm a visitor from Kate's blog. She mentioned the lovely work you do. Your love frame is gorgeous and I'm sure whoever wins it will be absolutely delighted. Jak's Den sounds a wonderful cause to support. Most of the cards I make go to a hospice for children and young people. .I hope you have lots of time to spare. Now you have got a blog you'll find it keeps you very busy but it's lots of fun. I'm your new follower. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda
    I'm a friend of Kate's from south of the border (not Mexico way lol!) and have popped over to be nosey lol!
    I like to dabble with frames too, mainly for new babies so its lovely to see your terrific creations for different occasions.
    Look forward to seeing more and fingers crossed that the charity will raise lots of money.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Ang; lovely to have you here. I am going to spend some time today having a look at some of the blogs of Kate's lovely friends. There are so many fabulously talented people in the world and this is such a great platform for sharing crafts and ideas and connecting with other people!
      Hope to see you back here soon.
      Amanda x

      Delete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    Congrats on your new blog.
    Wonderful creation, and a very super design going to a very good cause.
    Popped over from Kate's blog.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny L and thanks for visiting. So lovely to have some new visitors and it's lovely to be connecting with new people in cyberblogspace!
      Amanda x

      Delete

I really appreciate all visitors to my blog and anyone who takes the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderfully crafty day!