Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Blogging...apparently it's been going on for a while!

Hi,


Amanda here for Flutterbies and Heffalumps!
I'm new to blogging - a friend of mine said to give it a try but it has taken me a while to figure out how to set everything up! I thought of myself as quite computer literate until I tried to do this!


There are certainly plenty of blogs and vlogs out there already - all I'm really hoping for with this blog, is to connect with other crafters and share some ideas. 

I guess I should start at the beginning - 


I've always enjoyed being creative and trying new things. Over the years I've done some jewellery making, glass painting, tried my hand at drawing and painting - the list goes on! I have always wished I was more artistic than I am (my godmother is a beautiful artist and I have always admired her ability of being able to put brush to canvas and create something quite breathtaking) but I've settled quite happily into creative and crafty instead. 



When I learned in February 2014 that my husband and I were going to be grandparents to a beautiful granddaughter, I wanted to give her a unique gift that I had made myself.  Little did I know at the time that this would develop into quite the hobby (with a few commissions on the side)!

This frame is now hanging in our granddaughter's room. It took me quite a few months (in between work and everything else that goes on in life) to complete. The cardboard letters were each decorated individually with fabric, ribbons, buttons, paint, decoupaged papers and other little decals. 

Fabric was secured inside the mount and butterflies were layered to create a 3d effect. The top butterfly was decorated with fabric and buttons.
Everything was carefully glued into place before I sealed the frame. The large frame is from IKEA. They are the best value frames I have found so far so I journey there on a regular basis to stock up! 
I've been learning as I go and some things have not worked as well as I'd hoped but how else do you get better at something other than by practise! 

I'm going to sign off just now to get some rest before work tomorrow but hopefully, if I remember how I did this, I'll be back later in the week!


Carry on Crafting, Amanda x

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Amanda! Welcome to Blogland! I've come over from your friend Kate's and I'm pleased to meet you and become a follower! You can follow me, too, if you like. I came in through the front door and scrolled backwards to get to your first post. I have to say your frames are really fabulous! I can see why you are getting commissions! And I love that little table you decorated for the caravan ~ you really made it sing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darnell,
    It was so lovely of you to visit and your comments really are very kind. I really enjoy crafting and Kate was right; this is a great platform for connecting with other crafters. I am loving blogland so far and will definitely be visiting your blog.
    Hopefully see you here again soon.
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all visitors to my blog and anyone who takes the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderfully crafty day!